Tuesday, September 8, 2009

15 miles makes hip go pop

I just moved into my new home. I will not downplay how I feel about it: I'm in love with it. Not only is it peaceful and quiet, but I am able to get everything I need to do...done and finished...more efficiently thanks to the tranquility around me. Since I'm half a block from the park, I also get to run away from the crowded streets of my 5 years of training previous. So Sunday...

Sunday's Mileage: 15 miles.

It kinda went like this...9: ok, I have like an hour left I think. That's ok, I can make it. 11: I feel great! My knee pain is gone!, 13: two more!! God, I feel like throwing up. 15: ::ingest some gummy bears: God, these taste like crap! And I read in Galloway's Bible that you know when you ran too fast when you finish your long distance and you plop onto the couch afterwards. Well, I *tried* not to. I kept myself entertained by putting things away and then going for small dinner with the osito. But it left me out of commission for Monday's run. Not that I had one planned anyway, but just from a break from all the studying. And it wasn't because I was sore. It was because of damned left hip of mine. I need a good stretch and a good strengthening program as well.

So, today's workout...

Today's Mileage: 6 miles on treadmill + 30 minutes on elliptical

And my hip felt fine until mile 5 where I started feeling that 'pokey' feeling on the back of my hip. I just hope it's a tight piriformis saying hello and not something psycho like an AVN or stress fx.

No comments:

Post a Comment