Friday, September 4, 2009

This is why I'm not in the Military

With the move, first week of grueling classes (and by grueling, I mean sitting on my butt for 6 to 8 hours a day...HELLO ISCHEMIA!), and maintaining a good training regime, I am tight for time and running days. So, today I decided to combine the joy of commuting prior to my 8am class and running. You get me running 9 miles from Jersey to New York via the GWB...with a 10 pound backpack; so it taught me two valuable lessons. (1) Pacing...I can't run sub 9 min/mile with a backpack jostling behind me; (2) don't EVER gain 10 pounds. It will suck on my knees.

But one of the joys I had in this straining boot camp sessions was seeing deer coming onto the sidewalk to greet me near Panera. Suprisely, it was not scared of me. With the sunrise and orange and yellow hues shining onto the pavement, I realized it was worth waking at 5:30am for an intense run.

Today's Mileage: 8-9 miles (not sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment