Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Called Sloth, My Friend

Sickness overcame me three weeks ago. Last week, I went back and hit the pavement a measly four times (although the fourth run was a 22 miler) and this week, I seeped back and did only 3 workouts, 2 of these being runs. Slowly, I feel my weight line increasing and my body becoming heavy when I do the small workouts I do. Is it the amount of work I have? I was able to always squeeze in a run when I had work coming out of my ears. What's the issue then? It's laziness.
It's so very easy to sit and play Assassin's Creed II, eat a pumpkin pie, and pretend to be studying for something I really don't care about. It's challenging, however, and good for me to push my body physically. Marathon day is approaching and this is NOT the healthy way of approaching this challenging day.
So this week I will force, I will squeeze, and I will do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING I can do workout EVERY SINGLE DAY. Yes, not five times, not three...seven days this week. It will be difficult and it was suck (I promise you) but this is the only way of me getting back on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment